Sunday, October 6, 2013

Once in a lifetime

We were required to take a seat accordingly before stepping onto the stage. One batch down, and you knew you were waiting for your turn. The environment on that spot was pumping in something. Something which drove the adrenaline go faster than you could manage. "Yes, it's my day," I told myself.

Yes. It was my day. A day you were like a superstar.

Family and close friends were there for my graduation ceremony, not forgetting to mention, it was the day which I had received the most bouquet of flowers in my life, in my 23rd years of living. As I said, getting graduating is like getting married. Lots to prepare before the day, such as getting the academic huge purple robe, booking for family photoshooting, plus testing which formal wear that suits the robe. Ah, choosing clothing was the part I hated the most. Tried on this and that with the robe on and off, walking in front of the mirror for thousand times to get it done. Man, it's hot trying out clothing.

But I know, because I care. That's why I get nervous.

I was reaching kinda just on time before entering the hall after registering myself at the counter. The first thing after entering the hall I did was searching for my granny and papa who had gotten the two precious tickets to be seated in the hall for the moment. Dad was no-where to be seen,  but I managed to spot my grandma on the first row of guest seats. She was wearing cheongsam, even more gorgeous than anyone here in the hall I am sure. I was happy like a kid after manage to see her around.

We stood up when dean of our faculty got herself ready on the stage. My palms were sweating. I was very nervous. Very very and I just could not control it. Never thought that convocation would be like this. I have waited for long too, for this to come, even though I was not, and I am not prepared to face the real world yet. Our names were called one by one to get the 'reward' from the pro-chancellor.

Again I told myself, Yan you are great, smile when it's your turn.

I know it would be kind of weird talking to my own self like that but that was the only way to calm myself down a bit at that moment. We got our names checked on the computer screen before stepping on the stage. When my name was announced, I walked confidently towards the guy who was giving out the scroll at the middle of the stage. Cameras were everywhere to capture the moment. After getting the scroll, I smiled and walked to my seat as if I got myself lottery rewards.

Mom, I have made it.

Tears of happiness almost came out uncontrolled. I know, I know they will be proud of me I know she will be proud of me too for sure. I took plenty of pictures with my family and friends, and ran here and there to seek for friends for photography for the final times, before leaving this place where everyone will be reaching for their own goals after this.  

That was it. The convo. Once in a lifetime.

A path that seems to have destined. The life I am living now. Never have wanted the working life to come that fast, but I could not wait any longer, to accomplish my dream. And the only way to reach it, is to start now. Start building foundation, start allocate funds, start my new journey of life.

x.o.x.o

3 comments:

  1. Haha congrats and all the best for future !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...i once was like you, writing my blog...full of emotion...good blog on your graduation. Wish you all the best in your journey's ahead =). It's not the things that can't be bought, that are life's richest treasures, its just the little heart gives that money cannot measure. A cheerful smile, a friendly word, a sympathetic nod are priceless little treasures fro the storehouse of our God. Your journey will be a great one.

    ReplyDelete